So I thought that today I should write about some anti viruses so the best antivirus that came into my mind was not Norton 360, not McAffe, but Avast 4.7. I think that it is by far the best antivirus there is on current retail market. Avast comes from Czech security vendor company calle Alwil. Which has quietly been producing the avast products for many years. Avast comes with 2 editions, Home Edition and Professional edition; to be honest both are excellent at the job they do.

What I personalty think makes Avast special is unlike other viruses e.g. Norton 360 doesn't slow down your PC's performance, but however avast lacks some useful tools like antirootkit protection, antispyware, and antiphishing protection. Still avast has pretty cool features like P2P and IM shields for blocking viruses transmitted other than through infected Web sites and e-mails. One of my favourite features is Virus Recovery Database (VRDB), which captures information about the current state of a given file and saves that information. That way, if your system gets attacked with a virus, Avast can go back to the infected file to a version that it's saved- the one that is not infected. Avast is amazing as it is very efficient in protecting your files really well so there would be practically no chance of virus infections. About Malware- Well I think Avast does its best job at finding the annoying think and kill it before it does anything crap.

I was pretty much stunned by what avast has offered us in this version. Although it misses some bits and pieces I only hope that in the future versions it will improve on the features that are missing especially protection against root kits. I rate it as 7/10. The price of it is about $0 as you can download it for free! So check it out and kill your threats. Damian Gaslawski...signing off.

0 comments: